Monday, June 25, 2007

resume services

For the first time in my career, I'm turning to a professional resume writer. With more than 15 years in the tech industry and at a crossroads in my career, I decided that it was time to treat myself to a little bit of polishing. Because I do not have a traditional CS degree, I thought it necessary to carry all relevant experience on the resume so the format is now a tired one.

A resume review service is included in the signup to the http://www.theladders.com. Granted it is only a review, but it is being reviewed by a professional resume writer. I'm sure that there are additional services that the reviewer offers and I intend to avail myself of those services. How much will it cost for the additional services is floating around in my brain, but I figure with my unscientific supposition that with her touch on the resume would be worth many times that in job opportunities and even salary. I'm sure it will make a difference.

I even have gone as far as holding off applying for some nice jobs in the hopes that my resume receives the polishing it needs. Wish me many happy returns. :)

No comments: